Applications are now open for the 2018 Australia-China Young Scientists Exchange Program.
The Australia-China Young Scientist Exchange Program (YSEP) is a joint initiative funded by the Australian Department of Industry, Innovation and Science and the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology. It is supported by the Australia-China Science and Research Fund.
YSEP funds an annual exchange of Australian and Chinese early to mid-career researchers in the fields of science, technology and medicine. It is open to researchers in academia/research institutes and to researchers in business and industry.
The program aims to:
- Increase early to mid-career Australian and Chinese researchers understanding of the cultures, particularly the science and research practices and systems, of the two countries
- Develop the researchers’ leadership skills as future ‘science ambassadors’ for Australia and China
- Provide a catalyst for long-tem, sustainable Australia-China research collaboration
YSEP also provides participants with exposure to higher order issues outside their scientific/technical specialty, including science and technology policy and best practice research management.
Australian participants will:
- Travel to China in the given travel period: 28 October-9 November 2018. Please note that travel and visits must be undertaken during this period
- Participate in a telephone pre departure session in Australia; attend an orientation session upon arrival in China in Beijing; present on their exchange experience at the concluding debrief session in the Shanghai region
- Undertake an individual program of research-related visits, meetings, seminars, workshops and symposia with Chinese partners, either in academic institutions and/or business and industry
Participants’ travel, accommodation and associated living costs will be covered by the program.
Applications must be submitted to email@example.com by 9:00am (AEDT) 23 March 2018.