Australian METS companies are invited to take up the Crush It! Challenge - a C$10million competition looking for the best clean technology solution to reduce the energy used in crushing and grinding rocks in Canadian mining operations. The Government of Canada is looking for game-changing solutions from innovative METS companies to reduce energy consumption at the mill by 20 per cent or more.
- Demonstrate global competitiveness with an Australian solution
- Pitch the solution at #DisruptMining in Toronto in March 2019
- Secure funding to develop, test and demonstrate the solution
- A chance to win the C$5million grand prize
Your solution could be one of the following:
- A clean technology or process to reduce the energy needed to crush and grind mined material in the mill
- Improvements to the ore feed to reduce how much grinding is required
- Optimisation via AI, digitisation or integrated sensing
- Processing alternatives to eliminate the need to crush and grind
- A game-changing idea to change the entire mining operation
Special entry conditions:The lead applicant for the competition entry must be incorporated in Canada.
Applications are open until 15 January 2019, apply for the Crush It! Challenge now.