These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website and in accessing or using or browsing this website and/or purchasing goods and/or services from this website; you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, then you must refrain from using this website.
- The materials available on or through this website are distributed by METS Ignited Australia Ltd (METS Ignited) as an information source only.
- While METS Ignited Australia Ltd (METS Ignited) make every effort to ensure that material on this site is accurate and up to date, such material does in no way constitute the provision of professional advice. METS Ignited does not guarantee, and accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material contained on this website or any linked site. Users should seek appropriate independent professional advice prior to relying on, or entering into any commitment based on material published here, which material is purely published for reference purposes alone.
- All financial information is unaudited unless otherwise specified.
- Material, summarised views, standards or recommendations of third parties, which may also be included on this site, do not necessarily reflect the views of METS Ignited or indicate a commitment to a particular course of action.
- METS Ignited has no direct control over the content of any linked websites, or the changes that may occur to the content on those websites. Links to external websites are provided in good faith, but it is the responsibility of the user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external websites. Links to external websites do not constitute an endorsement or a recommendation of any material on those websites or of any third party products or services offered by, from or through those websites. Users of links provided by this website are responsible for being aware of which organisation is hosting the website they visit.
- METS Ignited hereby excludes all liability to the extent permissible by law.
- Please also remember when you are using this website that your equipment, our systems and the internet are sometimes subject to performance constraints, which can affect the speed of the website and the use of it you may wish to make. You may experience errors and service interruptions when using this website or accessing any links available on it. In addition, the website may not be available at all times. Further, we do not guarantee that this website or any third party website linked to this website will be free from viruses.
2. Privacy Information
2.1 Collecting your information
- METS Ignited respects the right to privacy and collects and manages personal information [MA1]in line with the Privacy Act 1988
- We collect and manage your personal information as described on this page, unless stated otherwise, and will tell you when and for what purpose we will be collecting information. 'Personal information' may include your name, address, phone number, email address, your employer, and your position title.
3. Information we may request
- We may ask you to provide personal information if you submit feedback to this site. We will only do this:
(a) to meet your needs (e.g. answer a question)
(b) to meet our needs (e.g. demographic analysis)
(c) if required by law .
4. Collection of personal information
- From time to time, METS Ignited may collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, its functions and activities. We will only use and disclose personal information for the purpose it was collected and in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- METS Ignited may collect personal information in ways including, but not limited to, directly from individuals when they:
(a) access and use our website and web based channels; and
(b) have conversations with our representatives via telephone and in person
(c) participate in surveys or events
3. From time to time, we may also collect personal information from third parties or a private source however this will only be carried out if:
(a) the individual consents;
(b) METS Ignited is required or authorised to collect the information under an Australian law, or a court/tribunal order; or
(c) if it is reasonable or practicable for us to collect information in this way instead of collecting the information directly from the individual.
5. Dealing with personal information
- METS Ignited only uses and discloses personal information for the purposes for which it was provided to us, being purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities, unless the use and disclosure is otherwise authorised by the Privacy Act (for example, where the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose or where an individual consents to the use or disclosure).
- 5.2Personal information may be disclosed to third parties, including third party suppliers and service providers located overseas, for purposes related to the Department’s functions or activities. Where necessary METS [u2]Ignited will take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients do not breach privacy obligations relating to personal information under the Privacy Act. However, in some circumstances personal information may be subject to local legislation instead of the Privacy Act.
6. Your details
- When you become a Network Affiliate (company or organisation) or Network Associate (individual), you will be required to nominate a contact email address and password.
- If you do not wish to nominate these then you will be unable to register for these or receive the benefits of registration.If you later withdraw the nomination or an email address and password, then your registration and benefits of registration will be terminated.
- You are responsible for all sessions and transactions taken under these details. You should keep your password safe and not disclose it to anyone. You should change it immediately if you feel it has been compromised.
- If your details change, you may update your details by signing into your dashboard on this website and updating your information.
7. Limitation of Liability
7.1 To the fullest extent permitted by law, METS Ignited:
(b) will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind suffered by you, regardless of the nature of such loss or damage, and regardless of the nature of the claim, whether in contract, tort or any other legal theory, and whether or not we know of the possibility of such loss or damage.
7.2 METS Ignited will only accept liability where we have expressly agreed to do so via contract, or such liability is prescribed by statute. In such cases where the law imposes a liability which cannot be excluded, to the fullest extent permitted by law, our liability will be limited at our option to (i) the supply of services again, or (ii) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
9. Refund/Cancellation policy
9.1 METS Ignited Network Associate and Network Affiliate Registration Fees
(a) Any fees paid for Network Associate (individual) or Network Affiliate (company and organisation) subscription registrations (for those subscriptions categories that do attract a fee) are not refundable.
9.2 METS Ignited Delivered Events
(a) METS Ignited reserves the right to cancel or postpone any event we sponsor. If this occurs, registration fees paid will be refunded in full, but METS Ignited bears no responsibility for any other costs incurred (such as flights, accommodation, travel expenses or loss of income). It is recommended that registrants ensure the appropriate contingencies and insurance is in place to mitigate against loss in these circumstances.
(b) In the instance of webinars, registrants are responsible for ensuring their equipment is able to run the program prior to the start of the session. Refunds will not be provided for technical difficulties experienced during the session.
(c) Should you be unable to attend a METS Ignited event for which you have registered and paid, a substitute delegate is welcome to attend in your place, so long as METS Ignited has been notified in writing/by email at least 1 business day in advance of the event.
(d) If you cancel your registration for an event, a refund equivalent to 90% of the registration fee paid will be given, provided a written/email cancellation is received by METS Igntied prior to the closing date (7 days prior to the event). Cancellation after the closing date will be ineligible for a refund.
(e) Refunds will not be provided to registrants who do not cancel or do not attend an event. Registrants who do not attend their enrolled event will be ineligible to receive event information, including but not limited to notes, workbooks and slides.
(f) Events sponsored by other organisations that are displayed as links on the METS Ignited.org website are outside the control of METS Ignited, and the refund/cancellation policies of the sponsoring organisation will apply.
9.4 METS Ignited Purchased Digital Resources
(a) Once opened on line or downloaded, purchased digital assets (including for example, but not limited to videos, pdf files, learning modules, webinars) are non-refundable.If you do erroneously purchase an item, you must contact us BEFORE you open or access the item, on +61 7 3138 0242 or email email@example.com and we will be able to provide a full refund. Once opened or accessed, no refund will be provided.
9.5 Pricing & Transaction Policy
(a) All prices quoted on the METSIgnited.org site for all services are in Australian dollars (AUD) and include GST (Goods and services tax), unless otherwise explicitly stated.
(b) All transactions are processed in Australian dollars (AUD).
9.6 Delivery Policy
(a) All services and events currently sold via the Metsignited.org site are delivered electronically.No items are shipped physically.
(b) After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation containing your order details.This includes necessary links, files and other information (such as passwords or keys) you may need to download or access the item.We will attempt to send this email within 2 business days of your order placement. However if you do not receive your documents within 2 business days, or if you wish to contact us for any other reason, please do not hesitate to do so on +61 7 3138 0242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Security capabilities and policy for transmission of payment card details
When purchasing from the METS Ignited website, your financial details are passed through a secure server that supports Secure Socket Layers (SSL) of 128bit and greater encryption technology. 128-bit SSL encryption is the current industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our secure payment policy, please contact us.
METS Ignited may change these Terms and Conditions, at any time by publishing variations on this website.