Thank you for your interest in working with us.
General Manager, Innovation
METS Ignited is currently recruiting for a General Manager, Innovation. The role of General Manager, Innovation is a key appointment to the Executive Management team and is a highly collaborative role requiring the expertise of an industry expert.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and working within a peer group located in the key centres across Australia, we are seeking to appoint an experienced industry executive, who can lead development and deliver of strategic programs required for the organisation to achieve its purpose. The priority focus and requirements of the position include:
- Establishing vehicles and programs to develop strategic research areas for the mining equipment and technology areas of the sector
- Ensuring development and commercialisation initiators and leaders are aware of and engaged in these priority areas
- Establishing systematic and productive collaboration between METS related researchers and industry
- Developing and delivering strategic projects where our client is financially involved with industry.
To be considered for this role -- and to succeed and thrive in this position -- the successful candidate must:
- Demonstrate high level influencing and communication skills, working collaboratively and proactively with strategic partners
- Demonstrate an extensive and deep network within mining, resources and the mining equipment, technology and services (METS) sectors
- Demonstrate a proven track record and experience within the resources and related industries in operations or services leadership, combined with expertise in research and research management; OR
- Worked as a researcher or at a university at Masters or PhD level before moving into a strategic partnerships role within industry.
In addition to making a significant contribution to the growth and development of the METS sector within Australia, this role provides for an opportunity to establish close working relationships with many leaders of industry and provides for a dynamic and innovative work environment. A competitive salary package will be offered dependent upon experience.
To learn more about this opportunity or to express your interest in the role, please contact Simone Roche at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0410 602 434 for a confidential discussion.
This position has flexibility to be offered in Brisbane, Perth, Sydney or Newcastle.