Australia has a many research based organisations and programmes to help you innovate:Australia has a many leading research based organisations and programmes for you to collaborate with:
- Australian Research Council - provides collaboration opportunities between industry, the research sector and other organisations.
- AMIRA - a member-based organisation of minerals companies and suppliers which develops, brokers and facilitates collaborative research projects.
- CSIRO - Australia's national science organisation, CSIRO, has several successful key advances in the mining and innovation sector.
- MRIWA - Minerals Research Institute of Western Australian - a statutory body which fosters and promotes minerals research, with a research focus to improve minerals exploration, mining and processing.
- Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) programme supports industry-driven, collaborative research partnerships with publicly funded researchers. To find out about the timing of funding rounds visit the CRC Programme website.
- CRCMining - the centre for global mining research and innovation which is focused on developing step-change innovations to current and future mines that maximise productivity, and enhance resource utilisation, safety and sustainability. Focus research areas include hard rock and surface mining; underground coal mining; automation; energy and power; and performance and reliability.
- CRC ORE - the centre for global mining research and industry initiative looks at solutions to reverse the trend of declining feed grades through improved processes. Its current research programs focus on filling gaps in Grade Engineering and its implementation on mining sites. We are working with CRC ORE to improve collaboration outcomes for the METS sector. Through our partnership, we will be actively involved as an Essential Participant and other partners, including global mining companies. SME METS companies with relevant technology can potentially participate in CRC ORE through METS Ignited's membership.
- DET CRC - the CRC for Deep Exploration Technologies (DET) is the centre for research into and development of new technologies for mineral exploration. DETS CRC delivers research programs in more successful, cheaper and safer ways to drill, analyse and target deep mineral deposits.