METStech Passport is the first of its kind between Australia and Chile, allowing scale-up companies to obtain direct exposure to the mining industry and commercialise their ideas.
The passport initiative is an exchange program to help Australian and Chilean mining suppliers gain international exposure, cross pollinate ides and facilitate international expansion.
The program will send Australian companies to Chile, and corresponding Chilean companies to Australia, for an immersion in the host country's mining tech ecosystem.
Two spots are available for Australian companies with exploration, sensing, data analytics and digitisation solutions that want to break into the resource rich LATAM market.
The program is being run by Austrade and METS Ignited, in partnership with private non-profit organisation Fundacion Chile.
How does the program work?
The program is looking for solution-focused METS companies solving challenges in exploration, sensing, digitisation, data analytics, and the mining footprint.
Two winners from each country will receive flights and agreed ground costs for an immersion program, which includes meeting with potential investors late in 2018.
Companies will have access to mentorship, investors, potential clients, networks for global expansion, attendance at IMARC 2018 and the opportunity to transition to new markets.
- Applications open – 7 May 2018
- Applications close - 1 June 2018
- Pre-Selection for Demo Day - 15 June 2018
- Demo Day - July 2018
- Winners Announcement - August 2018
- Pre-immersion preparation - September 2018
- Exchange - October 2018
- IMARC - October/November 2018
How to apply
METStech Passport applications are now open. To apply, please complete the Short Proposal Application Form (below) and email to email@example.com.
Applications close at close of business 1 June 2018.
1. Complete the Short Proposal Application Form (below).
2. Email the completed template to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 1 June 2018.
3. Applicants short-listed will be invited to participate in a demo/presentation day where they will be able to "pitch" their innovation in person or via a videolink.
For information on applying please contact METS Ignited General Manager International Markets Clare Sykes.