The Centre for Excellence in Mining Innovation (CEMI) - Canada and METS Ignited Australia Ltd have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). METS Ignited Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Mr Adrian Beer said "a relationship with Canada's CEMI, will allow a mechanism for made in Australia solutions to enter the Canadian and Global mining ecosystems". CEMI's President/CEMI Mr Douglas Morrison believes "this MOU allows for an intentional purpose-driven relationship between Canada and Australia's mining innovation ecosystems.
The MOU is to promote a collaborative strategic approach to the commercialisation of mining innovations, which will benefit the mandates of both METS Ignited and CEMI. The MOU is a model for bilateral and multi-lateral collaboration between CEMI and METS Ignited, to accelerate the commercialisation of mining innovations into the global mining industry by METS organisations in Australia and Canada.
The objective of the MOU is to build the framework for facilitating the adoption of technologies emerging from Australia's and Canada's mining innovation ecosystems. This includes the following:
- Cross-promotion of each organisation as facilitators for commercialising innovation in their respective countries;
- Technologies that sustain and expand existing mines;
- Exploration technologies that find new major ore bodies;
- Alternative extraction and material transportation technologies
- Transportation and power generation technologies that enable early mine construction;
- Tailings and waste management technologies that improve environmental performance;
- Water management technologies and
- Smart Mining technologies including digitalisation of mining operations based on analytics, AI, automation and robotics.
About the Centre for Excellence in Mining Innovation
Incorporated in Canada in 2007 CEMI's objective is to help the mining sector achieve a step-change improvement in performance by accelerating the commercial adoption of innovations in mines and by increasing the innovation capacity of the mining service companies that deliver techniques and technologies to the industry. CEMI offers innovation scouting and challenge solution matching services and works through networked solutions teams to accelerate the commercialization of vetted and validated mining innovations. CEMI can be reached by emailing Charles Nyabeze email@example.com or visiting www.cemi.ca
About METS Ignited Australia Ltd.
METS Ignited is an industry-led, government-funded, Growth Centre for the mining equipment, technology and services (METS) sector. METS Ignited works with Australian suppliers to the mining industry, global miners, research organisations and capital providers to improve the competitiveness and productivity of the Australian METS sector. METS Ignited can be reached by emailing Tobie Paulson firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting www.metsignited.org